Tuesday, February 26, 2013

HEY HEY! Hola! hey! hello! hey! (Photos)


Hey Family!
So this week was a crazy one but an awesome week! Sorry I forgot to tell you that I would be writing you today en vez de yesterday. Because we had our Zone Conference with the President and with our area 70 from santiago, way way sweet!

On the situation with the debit card, ha I tried to get out some money some weeks ago and it wouldnt let me at that atm box, but I tried to here in Los Muermos last week and was only able to take out 10 mil or $20.... but yeah thats weird they charged twice, my card has a lot of regulations im guessing for internatitional but dont worry I still have it, just trying to take out some money so I can buy a carry on, think I have a enough for now....but send the card as soon as you can...probly we should figure out the international policies and everything for that.

But yeah awesome week, really have been using your advice dad and really making my comp feel special, always thanking him for his help in spanish and asking stories about his life and all, he likes to talk so thats good. Also have really found a way to get across that we need to do something but in a casual non insulting way. Ha still have really tough days but oh man I have learned patience, I really have learned what happens when you put your own desires aside and get things done. Ha really have learned that God puts us with companions to learn and to get the work done. Really have focussed on the work and have learned to look at the good things of my comp and make the best situations. Really have created ways to make this cambio more enjoyable and successful in the work. He has some pretty cool stories of his country and pictures of the pyramids its pretty nuts. Ha one thing that I wish I could have less of in this cambio is hearing him talk about his girlfriend and how they are going to get married and about how great it will be when we finish when we can sleep in a again and just eat and relax. Ha but its all good... not complaining...its been a lot better this cambio :) .

Some fun things have happened this cambio:
One is I almost died from these 2 dogs, we walked up this gated house where lives a menos activo, and he had 2 dogs, they looked nice and we were determined to reach close enough to say our (Ah Low!) our knock the door, when suddenly the dogs snapped, I forgot my remote thing, and alll I had was my backpack and when 2 big dogs attack you your backpack seems to get super small and doesnt do you any good. They charged me hard and one almost bit me from behind and the other in front as well when luckily the owner of the house answered the door, ha I was actually pretty stoked that that happended because I was really tired and that was sweet to have some adreneline, made me miss roller coasters and such haha.
Haha also had another fun experience, we went to go eat at our mamitas house and she made us soap, I looked in the soup and saw tons of weird objects in the soup, looked like plasticy things with hair on them, I asked what they were and she said (Chawa) or pig skin, and we were lucky because this chawa still had a nice layer of hair on them, like my facial hair when i dont shave for a week. And my first thought was a goodness no, I have to eat this and there are about a good 10 of them in my soup. As you eat them your tongue can feel the pricklyness of the hairs and its a nice layer of skin to top it off. haha oh almost died it was so hard to eat that all and keep a face of satisfaction. ha we had to pick up our food that night for the next day and to our great suprise it was chawa again! oh how we hate chawa so we made tortillas instead at our house. My comp knows how to make them so that was fun. Me made flour tortillas with eggs and ham and avocados. oh home made tortillas have sooooo much oil I felt sick after but way good.
Sunday we found out that this cambio was going to be a week short so I most likely only have 2 more weeks here in los muermos (because its rare to stay more then 6 months in a sector. Nuts how fast time flies. (I have to admit I was kinda excited to hear that but felt bad to feel excited for this cambio to be over, still working hard and keeping a positive attitude and having great times) I really have made a connection with a lot of people here in los muermos in our branch and investigadores and it will be really hard to leave my first sector, but as well excited to see other parts.
At that conference it was way good! It is weird because I didnt think about the spanish. As the guy talked he asked us to remember when we came here and didnt understand anything and continued with his talk and it hit me, hey I understood that comment so maybe Im leaving the missionaries that cant understand anything haha. It was such a great conference and I gained a lot more being able to understand all he said. Its weird how even though they talk soooo fast and sometimes i dont understand a word or two every now and then I dont need to really translate it in my head, just kinda goes. Still have so much to learn but its cool to get to this point.
One thing I loved that he said is we can always climb higher, talked about how once we have reached one hill or mountain there will always be a new mountain to climb in the horizon. And that is so true in the work, Never do I say dang I am satisfied with me and cant think of anything to improve. ALWAYS do I have things to improve and that can either be overwhelming or something to get excited about and work towards the next mountain or goal.
Right now we are teaching a good amount of people right now, some from the past and some news, but it is so strange each on of them has a partner that they live with, so thats hard, but we are working hard,
In my studies I read about or conscience in True to the Faith, and I liked one thing it said, it said how when we are sensitive to the spirit it means we have a healthy spirit, and on the mission oh man is the spirit sensitive, also I remember one thing from the conference, The 70 said on his mission he told his president he was disanimado of the work right now, which means not animated or excited, but that word in hebrew or greek ha dont remember means without spirit, (animo=spirit) So we must have excitement and joy for the work or that means we basically are without spirit, ha not sure how to explain it better but you get the idea.

I have been really really tired this week, but its a good thing cause that means the spirit is strong and we are working hard but dang do I crash at night. Its been hot and I think I need to drink more water, it is frustrating sometimes because if you ask for a glass of water here they will always give you soda or juice. This week one of our investigators saw that I looked dehydrated and said oh eat this fried bread with chesse, I also just asked if I could have water and she gave me soda and tons of it haha. It seems like its not culture here to get water, its basically says to them we have nothing to give you, but its ok I appreciate anything they gave me. Ha just kinda miss water. Im going to start bringing a water bottle and just filling it up.

But overall has been a great week, working really hard and trying to bring as much people to los muermos as I can until its my time to leave this sector, dont want to wast a day finding people. Greatful for all the blessing God has given me and especially the trials I have had, I have really learned a lot about our heavenly father and his son. hope you get better dad! Hope BYU wins let me know ha. That is nuts that carter is talking and your pregnant kristy haha oh man that is so weird, he better not become a shy one when I get back, my feet are a lot better mom but still going to a last treatment in a week or 2 with Elder Gardner again haha, should be fun to see him, love you all so much, left you some pictures, one is from when we stacked the leña for the winter (took forever haha), other is the chawa, other is a cruise ship in puerto mont, and other is before leaving to our district meeting. LOVE YOU SO MUCH! ha blake im learning a lot of mexican spanish because guatamalatecans speak the same spanish as mexicans basically. oh is it different from chilean sometimes. Take care this week! All is good in La obra del Señior

Elder Carter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment