Monday, February 18, 2013

Hey! Hey! (Photos)



Hey hey hey hows it going up north i was going to use an exclamation
point but this keyboard wont let me haha
It has been a good and crazy week thats for sure haha.
Had an awesome comp inventory this week and the spirit was really
strong, first talking about what we have done good and then what you
can do better then accepting the feedback from your comp of things you
can improve and thanking him for what he said then making goals for
how we can improve really worked out great, the spirit was wayyyy
strong. Have really learned so much already this cambio. ha was a
difficult week but wow am I learning so much and growing in my
testimony. I really liked what you said dad about loving my companion
and making him feel more special than me. Talking about his interests
and things and really thanking for his help in spanish. Really have
learned humility a lot as well. When someone has a temper problem as
well as other difficult personality traits and interesting doctrine
beliefs such as recieving an answer to the book of mormon through your
dreams and it really teaches you to have patience and remain calm, but
things are getting better with that, its hard haha but I am starting
to learn more that its more important to have that love of Christ and
always be thinking of the positives, new thing I do is always find
things to be positive about because on the mission you can make every
day a negative day, or find a positive and make it a day of success,
growth, and happiness, even if it was a slow day without teaching.

I am loving all this practice in Spanish. Everyday all day is Spanish
so I get a lot of practice, it is kinda cool because it just becomes
something you dont really think about. I think the hardest thing is to
understand people on the phone while walking in the street with the
wind, or old old people, but it I can understand the majority and when
I dont understand I have them repeat and then I can understand
usually, chileans talk FAST, and oh its so cool to be able to
understand them ha idk how it happens.

For the work we have been teaching a lot and with members as well,
really making the most of what we have here in Los Muermos, we dont
have to many people to leave with us, but with a little order and
creativity great things can happen. I am about to make a paper that
has a calendar and when the members can leave with us, and with that
calendar we will schedule our citas around the members and our
investigators, as well as really utilizing everymember. I called one
of our menos activos to ask if we could have a noche de hogar with her
and one of our investigators, one has a problem with attending church,
and the other needs to get married to get baptized. Both gave each
other advice and basically taught each other haha, its amazing what
you can do when you use what you can.

Had another lady trying to greet cheek kiss me again. We were eating
at a members house and his sister about fifty years old came in the
door, and immediately we stand up, if we dont then they will greet
kiss you, we put out the hand firm, I was first and this lady really
had set in her mind to greet kiss, not even a stiff arm hand shake
could stop this lady from trying to greet kiss me, I am really not
good at handling these situations still and put up my other arm to
stop her, hahah ohh man was that bad to do, to deny someone a greet
kiss is a huge insult in this culture, and I didnt handle to well haha
but she got embarrassed and disgusted, and I explained after that its
a rule that we cant and apologized but she was still pretty bugged, ha
going to work on that more. here when people walk in the house they
have to greet everyone with the side cheek kiss, for missionaries we
have to greet everyone with the handshake, is it the same in the
states, regarding the handshake, i forgot?
for the weather its kindve bipolar, all this week was rainy and windy,
but still warm, we are almost done with summer here, it is really
short here. Then comes the cold and rain. ha in winter rains EVERY DAY
no matter what. It will be a fun experience haha. also im not sure
about the hermanas but I know we are about to have like  more or
something so thats crazy crazy, our mission is about to have like 200
or something de verdad not completely sure but a lot a lot a lot
but yeah also have had some sweet sweet personal studies, yesterday
made a sweet outline for the plan of salvation, and some more
anologies, also started a new study journal and the first thing Im
doing is comparing the  sermon on the mounts and discovering some of
the gospel truths that have been restored. Interesting stuff. Kristy,
used that scripture you gave me in moroni about the good is from god
and evil is the devil, for one of the lessons I had with a menos
activo went very well, the spirit was really strong. Ha the spanish in
the book of mormon is really really formal and hard to understand
sometimes.

Haha that is some nuts discounting dad I am impressed, ill try to beat
you here, not sure if they have coupons here havent seen any, things
are pricy in los muermos because everything is imported. that picture
is sweet mom thanks for that, miss you too, thought about you guys a
lot this week and how greatful I am for your love and example. thanks
dalan for the advice I have really been looking at the blessings and
have already felt that way. Has been a great week, tough, really
tought sometimes, but growing a ton, you guys are in my prayers always
and I am so greatful for all your prayers, here for  years to bring
the same happiness that our family has been blessed with from the
gospel.

One scripture I really really love is in Alma 29 where alma talks
about how he wishes he could have angelic zeal and convert many
nations with that power, but then knows that the lord has given us
what we need, in our situations and will provide for us, i dont have
my bom to talk about it more but read that chapter pretty sweet stuff.
Working hard and love you so much, cant explain how greatful I am for
your love and support, the gospel is true and I am so greatful to be
part of this great cause, here are some photos
1044 is of me and my comp
1070 is me and puerto mont haha
Love you all
Mucho CariƱo,
Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment