Monday, August 12, 2013

Funerals, Drunks, and Some great Teaching...Good week haha

So this week was for sure one to remember
So Idk if I told you guys but one time as I was bearing my testimony in our branch I told them I just have such a strong feeling that this capilla is going to be filled with people one day with not enough space to fit everyone....ha well it happened but not how I thought
One of the inactivo families had a son that passed away from drinking and driving. We found out and immediately went over to the house with our pres. of the branch. (I had never met these members before because they werent to receptive to the missionaries and they were in the other sector). We paid our respects then that night we went to the velorio (viewing) for a bit. which was super different from our viewing its kinda awkward and when your a white mormon missionary everyone just starts staring at you ha and personally I didnt know the inactive member, as we were leaving I went to pay my respects to the dad and he told me to sit down, I told him we are here for him and we will continue to pray for him. He told me to sit down and told me he wanted to come back to the church. The next morning the dad and his wife passed by the house of president and told them they wanted to have the funeral at our church. As missionaries we took advantage of this situation and began to get as much people participating as posible. Pres. Guzman asked me to talk but we recomended a blind member that hace 4 months has been active in the church and knew the family (she has such a powerful testimony of the atonemenet and plan of God. So when the funeral started there began to be just a HUGE rush of people. ha with a good 30 members but with 100 or so visitors from the community, it was packed there was probably 5 times as much people waiting outside because there wasnt any space. I was an awesome reunion, short and sweet, as the short funeral went, abide with me, and families can be together forever, una miembra spoke the one we suggested and we had a special hymn number by a young girl in the ward that sung Im a child of God, and last to speak was me, ha I felt weird cause I didnt know him but I revolved my talk around the love of christ I revolved my talk of the scripture in 2 corintios 1:3-5 of christ giving us the ability to give comfort to everyone else, also I started by saying how we are here to talk about the great life of this joven and not just what happened but what is happening right now, then I testified that he is a child of god as we are all and that he is still alive and talked more about the plan of salvation. It was a sweet experience, ha there was 3 jovenes that got up and left as I talked and its a different feel talking to a ton of people (some of which I recognized that have totally slammed the door in my face) that arent to fond of the mormones. But I dont think any one can deny the spirit that they felt when the great plan of salvation was testified. I ended my talk with alma 31:31 saying that through christ we can find the strength and hope to carry. But forsure and experience to remember.

Another cool thing that happened was we did a fast to find more inactivos of the church and to help us get them going in this program of assignments. We were having trouble finding receptive members inactives and after the fast, once again I gained my testimony of the fast, as we were walking in the street we found 1 person first that after talking found out she was a member and she has a family as well, and the only reason she left was because of a work change. Other one we found that just left and doesnt really know why. Its so cool how God is willing to help us out and how he literally guides people to us in perfect situations just when we live the gospel and ask.

We are continuing to teach this 18 year old. Super super cool kid. He assisted this week at church for his 3rd time and said he just feels really good at the church and is already recognizing the spirit. We taught him tuesday, he likes guitar a ton so we played guitar for a bit at the church then we shared something.

ha another awkward drunk story was when we taught this lady for the first time, we brought a member as well. The lady had her friend there and unfortunately her friend was kinda super drunk, I didnt notice at first but when she started flirting with us and saying random stuff about a ghost in her house and she wanted us to come to keep it away, the other lady was kinda embarrassed but just taught something short and left. We will see what happens, I dont know what it is with so many drunks always finding there way into our lessons, maybe we need to ask in our prayers for that ha.

But super awesome week a lot of things are happening I love it. ha I read and enjoyed all of your stories.
Ha and I cant think of all things I like, Im a fan of their lemon pie here its pretty good, also.....Im a fan of our mamitas casuela but if anyone else makes it its kinda lame. I like anti kuchos they are like shish ka bobs.... I also like cordero its pretty dang good but we dont eat that to often, but hey take care! love you


Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment