Monday, November 5, 2012

Hey Hey!


This week has been great! We really have had an urge to build our branch up. We had 2 fasts this week, one on Thursday and one on Sunday for fast Sunday. It is such a miracle to how much God provides for you when you pray and fast with full purpose. One cool story was our plans fell through and we didn’t really know what to do so we went to the chapel to pray. Literally 5 min after that prayer we knocked on a door and finally got in a door after like a week of not getting in. Also we did that the next day and got in.

I just made a new language study plan so I am pretty excited to try that out. We are about to end my first cambio so I have one more with Elder Gardner, So stoked to have one more. We have gotten along so great and we work hard. I am in this 12 week program it is pretty new where we have studies more than a regular missionary and by the end of the 12 weeks you could become a trainer...or be a missionary who potentially could be, so basically training to get you to be ready quick for the mission. It is pretty sweet. All the stuff like planning can be pretty stressful because you really have to do soooo much work and really be tuned to the spirit planning is really everything.

Hmm bum story of the week, so these 2 guys walked up to us right when we walked out of a store to get a quick candy bar for a animo booster, as I am eating it one of the guys says...Hey! Give me some of that candy you got there...and my first thought was...ohh heck no I am not losing my precious just bought candy to this bum. So I just laughed and said no I’m hungry,,,then he asked again and finally just said no kinda laughing and we walked away...next thing you know the two guys got kinda angry and followed us a good couple blocks. Luckily we got away though.

Hmm ah yeah so food is starting to become slowly normal. I’m not saying its gross at all just new. But we were invited Sunday to have a bbq with one of the members that we helped build their house for and they had just killed their pig for the feast. I was stoked cause I just fasted but I was starting to get a cold so felt kinda sick. I start eating the meat it was good just really really fatty. But then I get to my 3rd peace and I look and the outside had like hair. Like how we have hair on our hands. I thought I could like cut that part off but as I did the hair was deeper than I thought and it was still there. Anyways just kinda new stuff. Everyone says you get used to it, and I am in a more farmer area. Oh yeah I also had to eat this Huge long stem of a plant that is like a delicacy here. That was fun too. haha

But yeah we found tons of news this week it was amazing. It was a vacation weekend for the day of the dead and stuff so there was a lot of people at home. We have also really pounded out our studies. I really want to learn as much as I can possibly can; just gets hard sometimes. Have been sick for awhile it stinks because no matter what we gotta wake up and get to work, it really is helping me grow up and just get to work.

The weather is still cold here it still rains a good amount. For our pday today we went to Volcano Osorno, kinda was a bummer though because it was really foggy so you couldn’t really see it. But we went sledding down it on plastic sheets. We won’t be allowed to do that for awhile I’m sure though because unfortunately our Zone Leader who I really really liked, way cool guy, was sledding down and hit an icy part to dirt and nailed his back and head against a huge rock. Everyone only sledded down once and that was to go help him. It was very icy snow. But he was in very bad shape at first. But as he was being taken away in the ambulance seemed like he would just need to stay in the office, but who am I to say. But yeah maybe put him in your prayers. He was in pretty bad shape. That really shows how careful and how fast your mission can be ruined. Definitely would be heartbroken if I had to come home early. I would die actually that would be terrible. But yeah, he seemed to have been doing better as he was leaving probably will just need to spend time in the office. But I am no expert ha.

But yeah my head hurts always, the language really kills ya some times, it can get pretty dang frustrating but you just gotta push on, sometimes I get scared I’ll be that missionary that doesn’t learn it, but everyone says that here and everyone learns it, that is what president said, you just gotta work and be patient.

Um hmmm I’m good on spices we don’t really make any meals cuz we just have one meal a day and cereal in the morning so just like snack stuff. We have mac and cheese, nothing really like that I need. Just like American Sour Patch Kids and Reeses. idk they have a lot here. Just kinda like the stuff I said before. Sorry you’ll just have to surprise me. They have all the like American Super main brand stuff like Nutella and Skittles and stuff like that at the main stores. Ummm oh and yeah just like an mp3 that has like a little memory card thing you can take out, cause that is how you get music here, you share with other missionaries. Doesn’t need to be to over the top. ha sorry I can’t really think of anything, maybe like a deflated football cause those don’t exist here and that would be so cool to have. and yeah.

Oh I have met president once at the beginning and I have my first interview with him tomorrow. Anyways yeah. Love you so much! The work is going great in Southern Chile! I can’t tell you how much prayer means to me now. It’s like my best friend. It is such a Rollercoaster here on the mission of great times to an immediate just frustrating really hard day but with faith and God anything is possible, and just smiling helps a ton. Just gotta always enjoy every moment, and get lost in this amazing cause.
Love you so much!
Elder Carter

Oh! PS! We our having a baptism on the 17th!!!! SOOO STOKED! It was a part member family and it was their daughter that was the only one not baptized at age 11, she really got the desire after hearing about the blessings of temples. So stoked for them to be a whole family and get to go to the temple. Such an awesome family her dad is about to be our mission leader. Such an Amazing family! I’ll tell you more about them next week. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment