Saturday, January 18, 2014

HEY HEY!!!

Hey Fam! So this week has been super awesome... lots of good things happened.

First we are continuing to find news! We are getting into a rythmn now and each week we are finding about 8 new people to teach and making plans to teach them the following, our sector is small but we have the mindset its possible and the past month it has been happening. We are very greatful for what the lord can do for us.

I went to a place called Entrelagos its about an hour a way from osorno for a exchange (intercambio) for the day, its a super beautiful place, the type of houses and farmer feel reminded me a lot of los muermos, but here its in between two lakes hence the name "between lakes" and its super beautiful, their mamita lives on a side of a cliff outlooking the lake and its super beautiful, in front of her house they had like 10 cows with a man watching over them, I was so bummed when I forgot to bring my camera haha. You could also see the Andes mountains it was way beautiful.

Coming back to our sector we had the chance to have some awesome lessons, its so sweet we have been able to work so much these past weeks and feel the spirit so strong,
We planned a mutual for the hombres jovenes, and the bishop asked if the mujeres jovenes could join in, we said it was fine as long as their was other leaders. We had it this friday, it went super well, we first talked about the questions of the soul that the book of mormon can answer, made goals of how we can make our home more peaceful and unified. Then we talked to our mamita and planned 3 healthy meals that we could teach the jovenes that they could cook. It went super well, one meal I liked a ton, I will definately cook it at home, its a tomato but hallowed out and you put tuna and mayo and the cut up tomatoes back in mixed up and eat it with lettuce, way sweet, but it was amazing because we had a great show up of investigators and menos activos come so we are excited to get the youth program as well as the other programs here improving.

I have really felt the presence of the spirit this week, theres no doubt that what we share every day is the truth. We still have yet to have someone that is progressing to the point of baptism but we know God will help us as we try are best. I love what you said dad, Its so true that part of  Great faith is expecting less of God and trusting him. I feel that the times I have grown most in my life and in my mission is when I felt I was on my own, alone, having to make a decision based on what I have learned in the past, without any further guidance from God. In this time of crisis, trusting God (trusting his promises, his teachings, etc) with a firm hope that all is well, has led me to a higher level of understanding.

As I have read the beginning of the book of Mormon once again Its such a comfort to know that God has made great promises to us. Lets remember these promises and the blessings that come, Christ and his teachings are truly the anchor to our faith, I hope we can always remember that as we apply the gospel in our lives we will find that happiness in this life and after, Many times in the book of mormon it refers to people having all sorts of trials and sadness but a joy that stays with them in all times. As we stay worthy of the spirit we can have this joy that exists in all moments of our lives. The joy of christ and his restored gospel.

" And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith."

-Alma 31:38

No comments:

Post a Comment