Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Caroling! Loving the christmas season!

Hey Family and Friends! thanks for all the birthday wishes once again! It was definately a week to remember! It was sweet to hear from some friends and everyone!

This week has been amazing yet one of the busiest weeks I have ever had on my mission. This week we had a zone conference, mutual, leadership council, and an activity that we planned of caroling with all of the zone at the zone of all of the investigatores that they are working most with. Maybe I can start first with the zone conference. It went super well!!! I think the part most stressful was having to plan all the details, it was a conference for 80 missionaries, like the lunch, location, tables chairs, and DISHES, oh man I never thought finding dishes would be so hard ha we had to look in so many different places to find disposible dishes. BUT after some stressful days of coordinating it happened and ended amazing. The focus this conference was the holy ghost. It was amazing!!!! It was exactly what our zone needed to hear. It was all about the most important thing we need to know about converting someone or the way someone can endure to the end and enjoy the blessings of the gospel is by having the spirit. I think a great example of this was a lesson we had monday. We were working with a teenager who is preparing to serve a mission and we knocked on a door to teach and he let us in. The lesson went amazing, our focus was our purpose as missionaries to show and invite him to try the restored gospel  (ha well thats what we teach always) but it was so cool how we put emphasis on the spirit that he his feeling in this moment and that he WILL feel as he does the things we invite him to do. As we invited him to baptism he agreed excited to see if this great news of the true church of christ really does exist. He ended with a prayer and I can tell you I felt the spirit so strong. IT was incredible, there are sometimes where you just know everyone in that room felt the spirit, now its our job to show him the evidence and way to apply the restored gospel in his life.

The activity we planned I would say is one of the highlights of my entire mission. It was such an amazing day. We came up with the idea to leave as a zone and sing to all of our investigators that are more receptive and our baptismal goals. We had to coordinate all the directions and coordinate the rides but after a lot of stressful coordinating and planning it was incredible. We had all of our zone together with santa hats and red ties, with some other members from our stake. As we suprised each of the investigators the spirit was incredible, I felt the spirit touch the hearts of these people, as we sang to the people we had planned some of the neighbors of the people began to come out, I was so impressed with the missionaries in our zone and the members here, they began to go over to them and talk to them and we sang to them as well, the coolest part of this activity is its just the invititation to a even bigger activity we are going to do, we created a ton of invites to our activity we planned as a zone to come to the plaza in down town to come here us sing carols, then to go to the stake center after for some hot chocolate and activitys of christmas. Music has such a great power to invite the spirit into the hearts of the people. We started at 6 and ended at around 9:30 it was amazing. We sang to many families and you could just see the excitement, one man that the sister missionaries were teaching after singing, he was emotional and then said he was going to get baptized. We took a picture of each of the missionaries and their investigators and we will be giving them out as gifts for christmas to each investigator. I can tell you right now that this christmas season has been one of the most amazing christmass I have ever had, I know without a doubt that christ is my redeemer and when we think of others and serve them with love, we will find that eternal joy. This is the restored gospel of christ. I know... because the spirit has testified to me, The most I have ever felt the spirit is when I live the gospel and strive to apply it in my life. I hope we all can have those experiences, it all starts with applying the restored gospel in our lives, having that desire to serve our God with all our might.

With other news its that time again to talk with you guys for christmas, Ill be letting you know what time and all, whats the time difference during this season? More than likely we will be writing in the night. But Ill let you know.

I had a awesome birthday! My mamita made a special dinner for me of home made hamburgers! FIRST TIME EVER on the mission!!! and a desser t name brazo de reigna (queens arm) hahah weird I know, but its like a cake but like a roll its super delicious.
Thanks so much for the gifts for christmas!!! im stoked to make our cardboard tree and put the lights hahah, We are loving the christms present gifts! ha me and my comp are getting a kick at it! awesome idea!! ha looks like you put a lot of thought in it, I love it.

Take Care!
Les queremos Mucho

Elder Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment